Monday 15 August 2011

Out Damn Pox! Out I say!

I was lucky enough to have finally contracted the Chicken Pox last week. No thanks to my eldest son. In fact, I am still recovering as I am typing now. It was definitely an experience to remember. The worst part for me is not the itchiness of the pox, but the fever and the vomiting which came in the beginning. Now I know why it is better to catch it at a younger age. But there is always a positive side of it. I got a week's MC.. yeahhh!!! hasta la vista to work, baby!!! 

When I first looked at the mirror, I was horrified to see my face!!! I thought... Damn!! there goes my hari raya this year. To go around visiting friends and relatives with 'polka dot' face is soooo not in my agenda. Call me shallow or what, but I sure want to look good on Hari Raya. But as time passes by, my face is not that bad. Sure, I have a few spots here and there, but they're manageable. I guess God has mercy on me and answered my prayers. Phewww!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment