Tuesday 16 August 2011

Dear SheTam... May you R.I.P

If you readers are my FB friends, you guys should know that I love dogs. In fact, some of yous might have a misconception that I even keep them as pets. Well let me get this straight.. Yes, I do have dogs at my house, in fact we kept 3. But they are NOT PETS. They serve as guard dogs as my house is among the houses which were frequently broken into. They don't stay inside the house. They sleep in their kennel during the day. But nevertheless, we love our dogs very very much and we know that they love us unconditionally too. 

Well, early this morning, as I was about to send my daughter to school, one of the dogs, SheTam was hit by a car going too fast on a village road. The accident happened right in front of our eyes. She died on the spot due to severe head injury. My daughter and I were in complete shock to witness the accident. We were crying out hearts out for her. I had to go on to sending my daughter to school (my 2nd son is still recovering from chicken pox & my eldest went to school by bus) and had to leave SheTam to my parents' care. Later, she was buried near a cactus tree in the garden.

All along the way, my daughter was crying and crying as she loved SheTam the most, in fact, I do too. She was a dog with a loud bark but she was the most timid out of the three. She often got bullied by the other two and we were quick to went to her rescue. Sometimes, when I was feeling rather down, and she was around, we could just sit at the steps together and looked at each other... not uttering a single word. And I always felt better after that. 

I hope she knows that we loved her very much and she will be missed. I pray to God that she is now in dog heaven and one day we shall meet her again. Even now, as I am posting this entry, I could not stop my tears from falling. I still could not believe that she is gone forever... But it is God's will that she is taken from us. 



REST IN PEACE SheTAM.... WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU....




   SheTam(right) & Sam when we first got them
   

No comments:

Post a Comment